Thursday, April 2, 2015

Chasing the wind

I have seen everything done in this world, and I tell you, it is all useless. It is like chasing the wind. (Ecclesiastes 1:14 GNT)

We spend so much time and energy chasing after the wind. You know those things we think are so important and later we realize what a waste of time and energy they actually were. 
I don't have a lot of free time at this stage of my life. We are busy. I call it our busy season. There is always something that needs to be done. Someplace we need to go. Not a lot of time to just sit and rest our brains.  But, I often wonder if I am chasing the wind. Is this all necessary?  It is in the moment, but when I look back later in my life what will I think about this time in my life?  My busy season?  Will it all seem like the chasing of the wind or will I be glad I persevered through it and am reaping the rewards of all that hard work?  
I guess time will only tell. 
I believe this is a good thing to reflect on. A very good thing to bring to God in prayer. Only God already knows our futures and those things that are important and those pursuits that are not. Only He can lead us into those things that are worthwhile. 

Blessings.