Thursday, January 7, 2016

Purposeful and Present

I never seek out the words that are going to be my focus for the year. I never even think about them or ponder what they might be. They just come to me. I can't remember what mine where last year, but I know by the end of the year it was something like insane and crazed!!!!

So I found it interesting when these words came to me. Purposeful. Present. Yes. I had became a boat in a sea of waves going this way and that. Just blowing in the stormy winds. I began to think 'maybe this is the way we are suppose to live' ,'live for the day' they say... 

I am an only child and ultimately desire calm, quiet, and peacefulness. I had none of that. We ran from one thing to the next. We ate out constantly because I couldn't even think to plan.  Spent wasted time because I couldn't make a decision.  Christmas Break was well needed. 

I don't know what happened because our lives haven't stopped being any busier really, but somehow God has stepped in and given me these words and reminded me that He is my purpose and that He has placed people around me and I need to be present for them. I can't treat them like schedules or tasks. They are people I love. My life is most full when I am around them.  We grow and learn together. They are what is important. If I am not purposeful and present my life begins to look like a bunch of tasks that never end. 

Somehow just putting things back in the right order has made all the difference. God is amazing. He always rescues those lost in the storm, tossing about in the waves. He brings us to a beautiful place of peace and rest. Rest for our souls even if our bodies still move about at a rapid pace. 

My prayer is that January 7, 2017 I will remember these words and they will be an important part of my year. 

“Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress. He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed. Then they were glad that the waters were quiet, and he brought them to their desired haven. Let them thank the Lord for his steadfast love, for his wondrous works to the children of man! Let them extol him in the congregation of the people, and praise him in the assembly of the elders.”
Psalm 107:28-32 ESV
http://bible.com/59/psa.107.28-32.esv

Blessings