Thursday, September 13, 2012

Easy Yokes

MATTHEW 11:28-30  Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

I was reading 'My utmost for His highest' this morning and was reminded of this verse.  I was struck by the first part 'come to me' and comforted by the last 'for my yoke is easy, and my burden is light'.  
Have you felt the Lord's burden is light in your life struggles and daily tasks?  I know I had had trouble with this verse in times of struggle and difficulty in my life.  It doesn't feel light or my burden easy?????  It feels difficult, confusing, HEAVY.  
But then I was reminded of the first part 'come to me'.  We can come to God with our heavy and difficult burdens.  He wants to make them light.  But the key is we have to 'come to him'.  He will never force us to give Him our burdens.  He will never reach down from heaven and take our burdens from us.  We need to come to Him with our lives and place it at His feet.  We need to say 'Not my will Lord (Lord: a man of high rank, a king, a man of renowned power and authority...) but yours' (Luke 22:42) We need to make the choice.  Are we going to carry our burdens and be constantly confused, pressured, angry, scared, hostile, burdened...or are we going to give our lives over to the Lord who wants to make our burdens light? 
What a gift we have been given.  We don't need to suffer with our heavy yoke of this life.  We have a worthy Lord who knows how to make our burdens light and He wants to do that for us.  If we would only sacrifice our pride and admit what we already know, that we can not handle these burdens of life on our own and turn our lives over to a glorious Lord who made us.  He will make your burdens light.  He make not make everything in your life perfect, but He will lead you down the path He has made for you and He will give you peace and comfort in your times of need.  
Lets get on our knees and pray Gods will for our lives today and trust Him with our burdens and except His gift of an easy yoke.

Blessings