Thursday, September 6, 2012

Goodness of God

Exodus 33:19
And the LORD said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the LORD, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Psalm 23:6
Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

God is good. He is. I know it to the bottom of my soul. I don't always see His goodness. I am blinded to it by the circumstances of this life. I see so many people struggling today. So many of us are struck by tragedy and trials it is hard to see the goodness in God. We might even have begun to wonder if God really is good?
The thing I have learned in my own trials is that when we decide to keep our focus on the Lord it becomes easier to see His goodness. When we begin to focus on our circumstance or trial it is harder to find His goodness.
God is good. No matter what we think. God is good in His nature. He does not need us to believe that He is good for Him to be good. He is good despite what we believe. So we can trust God in His goodness and place our lives in His hands, or we can go our own way worrying about the details of our lives we can not control.
I did not say it is easy. Struggles will come. We don't get to live life's full of all happy days. But, if we begin to put our happiness in the goodness of God and allow his good and perfect plan into our lifes we just might begin to see our circumstances differently. We might begin seeing the goodness of God.

Blessings