Saturday, August 22, 2015

Continue On

“Now David was greatly distressed, for the people spoke of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and his daughters. But David strengthened himself in the LORD his God.”
I Samuel 30:6 NKJV

Yesterday was a long day. A lot of my days are long right now. It is, as I like to call it, my busy season. Sometimes I am not sure God has really called me to all the things I have going on but either way here I am. Busy. 
I love all the things I get to do. They all involve serving people that I really care about. But sometimes I get tired. And then I get distressed. So I love this verse I read this morning. 'David strengthened himself in the Lord'!  
We have the same opportunity as David to get our strength for the things God has given us to do. He will refresh us, encourage us, give us the Hope to continue on. He will give us the direction we need to continue on. He will give us the desire to continue on in the things He has layed before us. 
I encourage you to find His strength today. Read His word and quietly spend time talking to Him. Let Him fill you with all that you need to continue on. 

Blessings.