Saturday, August 8, 2015

Quiet in the fight.

"But Moses said to the people, “Don’t be afraid. Stand firm and see the Lord’s salvation He will provide for you today; for the Egyptians you see today, you will never see again. The Lord will fight for you; you must be quiet.””
Exodus 14:13-14 HCSB

Summer is over. School begins Monday. Sports, homework, lesson planning, activities, choir, band....

Don't get me wrong. I love all the opportunities we have. I love our school. I love where I work. I love all the people in my life. I am blessed. I am a homebody though. I am. I admit it. I love the stillness. I love the quietness. I love not driving over the bridge at least 4 times a day. 😉. 

God reminded me today about one of my favorite verses. The Lord is with me. I must be quiet. I can be quiet. Even in my business. In this verse the Isrealites were fighting a great battle!  God tells them to be quiet!  
I can be quiet in the morning and read His word. I can be quiet and not complain (even inside myself where most of my complaining happens). I can be quiet and look for those times of blessings instead of focusing on all I have to do. I can be quiet. Even in my busyness. God says I can. If the Isrealites could be quiet in battle well so can I!!!
What is your battle today?  Can you quietly trust that God is fighting for you too?  He is. Trust Him. He's got this. 
And summer is right around the corner again. 😀

Blessings.